A simply delightful home
455 Westmount Avenue offers endless possibilities
Welcome to 455 Westmount Avenue, a simply delightful 1½-storey detached home in the diverse and eclectic neighbourhood of Oakwood-Vaughan. This home features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a fully finished basement. The main floor boasts glorious 9-foot ceilings and tall windows. The charming A-frame 2nd level is spacious and beautifully unique. The main bedroom and full bathroom on the upstairs level are a calming retreat.
If the home is the heart, then the garden is the heartbeat. A large 118-foot deep lot offers so much space for the avid gardener. The charming front and back yard is filled with annuals, perennials, bulbs, cedars, and trees…a different garden view for every season. The quaint front porch and entryway create a feeling of warmth as you walk inside.
Numerous renovations and upgrades completed throughout the years create maximum space and a turnkey property:
- The main floor went through a full renovation in 2013 – new pot lights and crown molding, new ceiling in the kitchen, updated kitchen appliances, and new flooring throughout.
- The second bathroom in the basement was professionally added in 2015, along with a full renovation of the space including waterproofing, new drywall, insulation, and new flooring. Air conditioning was also replaced in 2015.
- Electrical upgrade to 100 AMP service and humidifier replaced in 2018.
- On the outside, new fencing was installed in the back yard, and the front area was professionally paved, adding a walkway and front garden area. The property has front pad parking with required parking permit – an amazing value in the city.
455 Westmount Avenue is the perfect home to move in and enjoy. It offers an alternative to a condo lifestyle. It also has the potential to build upon and expand. Whether you are looking for your first home or an investment property, a smaller space or property to build upon, this home offers endless possibilities on all levels.
At a Glance
Offered at $898,000.00
Type Detached, 1 ½-storey Neighbourhood Oakwood-Vaughan Taxes $2,969.52 (2021)
Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 1x4 (second), 1x3 (basement)
Lot size 20 x 118.5 feet Basement Finished
Parking Front pad parking with permit Heat Forced air / gas Cooling CAC
Inclusions Frigidaire stainless steel stove, microwave range, Frigidaire stainless steel fridge, Carico water purifier, washer and dryer, window coverings, electrical light fixtures, garden
Oakwood-Vaughan (The OV)
An eclectic blend of culture, diversity with an artistic vibe. The neighbourhood has gentrified over the years and has come to be known for its European influence, post-war architecture, and family-friendly neighbourhoods.
Historically home to working-class residents and artists, this area is appealing for its affordability and proximity to the city. Oakwood-Vaughn is very walkable and connected by transit.
The diverse cultural makeup of Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, and Filipino roots contribute to the family-focused and friendly energy in the area. Walking distance to great areas such as St. Clair West, Oakwood Village, and Wychwood – gives residents the best of all worlds in the city.
You can see this area is constantly developing and evolving. New builds, renovations, developed and built-upon bungalows, lovely lawns, and investment from local businesses are all key indicators for continued growth and development in this area.
- Fairbank Public School (GR. PK-8), 2335 Dufferin Street
- É Élém Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau (GR. PK-6), 65 Grace Street
- ÉS Toronto Ouest (GR. 7-12), 330 Lansdowne Avenue
- York Memorial Collegiate Institute (GR. 9-12), 15 Trehorne Drive
- D’Arcy McGee Catholic School (GR. PK-8), 20 Bansley Avenue
- ÉÉC du Sacré-Coeur-Toronto (GR. PK-6), 98 Essex Street
- ÉSC Saint-Frère-André (GR. 7-12), 330 Lansdowne Avenue
- Loretto College School (GR. 9-12), 151 Rosemount Avenue
Parks & Recreation
- Fairbank Memorial Park, 2213 Dufferin Street2 pools, playground, basketball court, ball diamond, 5 lawn bowling
- Marble Hill Parkette, 22 Ennerdale Road
- Charles Brereton Park, 306 Oakwood Avenue
2 lawn bowling
- Jason’s No Frills, 1951 Eglinton Ave W
- Nova Era Bakery, 1492 St. Clair Ave W
- F45 Fitness, 687 St. Clair Ave W
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 1840 Eglinton Ave W
- 512 St. Clair
- 29 Dufferin
- 161 Rogers Road
- 47 Lansdowne